.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Random Thoughts

This Blog focuses on faith and reason, tying rational thought with faith.

Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Saturday, January 08, 2005

www. am i really going to heaven. com

I usually get into my blog by opening it, and Blogger knows it is me and allows me to edit directly. This also allows me to check out what Google ads show up. This one showed up today under the title "Once Saved Always Saved". It actually is a challenge to that common protestant position, but from a truly biblical perspective. I ran through much of the site quickly, and didn't notice any errors. It lays down the challenge of living the ten commandments, and correctly informs the reader that what we are to do if follow the commandments, not to get to heaven, but out of love for God. Certainly true enough.

What is missing is the reality that 1) no one can live up to the ten commandments (although we should try nonetheless), and 2) we get to heaven though God's mercy and Jesus' intervention.

So take a look at this site, but recognize that you can only follow the decalog with God's grace (that is, try to follow the ten commandments, but ask for, and be receptive to, Gods help; "...lead me not into temptation"). Then realize that your entry into heaven is through the Passion of the Christ (see the movie to get an appreciation of this).

1 Comments:

Blogger Phil Shea said...

I've found that the more I write, the more I understand the truth. I can become pretty convinced of something, only to find it evaporate as I try to express it concretely. Perhaps that is what this fellow was doing, and followed it up with a nice web design. If it brings ONE person home, won't it have been worth it?

TW, I didn't mean to sound critical of the author. I just wanted to expand on what I thought was missing.

Tuesday, January 11, 2005 8:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com